EVERYDAY INSPIRATIONS FROM A WOMAN AFTER GOD'S OWN HEART
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Monday, April 20, 2015

Trusting the Process.


As seasons begin to change, so the flowers that overwhelm the soul begin to unfold. The season of transitioning has been nothing but constant change & uncertainty. To keep it real, I was stressed & overwhelmed with not knowing what was next as in career, job opportunities, etc. I kept trying to just figure out what I wanted to do and how I was going to do it.

Did you pick up on the trend? It was I, I, I. It wasn't God what do you want from me, where do you want me to serve, how are you going to use me?  Didn't even consider asking God what He had planned for me. I was so overwhelmed with everything that I got distracted within myself, instead of seeing all the blessings that God was trying to cover me with. I was blocking blessings left and right, not listening nor paying attention to what He was trying to reveal to me. It was revealed to me that my lack of trust in God was evident. I wasn't fully giving over every thought, action, & decision over to me. I've been learning though, that in my wait, developing patience, God speaks.

 He has revealed so much in the last few weeks when I stopped talking, asking, and wanting, but being still & listening for Him to guide me, strengthening my character. Ecclesiastes 3:1 reminds us, "To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." I know I have a long way to go in becoming the godly woman I desire to be, but there's beauty in the struggle,  just have to be willing to trust the process.

For those who are also transitioning whether that's moving into a new city, transferring schools, graduating college, having a baby, getting married, whatever it may be, know that God is going to be pruning you. It will be scary, maybe even painful, but know that there will be growth & beauty that comes from it. When a gardener prunes its rose bushes, it allows for growth, getting rid of anything that no longer serves a purpose. It is removal of the old, so that the new can grow. Just like that, God does the same for us, cutting off anything in us that no longer produces life or bears fruit.

 These seasons we go through whether dry, a lonely, or sweet, know that there is always something to be learned. It reveals to us that God is not done growing us, Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this, that He who  began a good work in you will carry it into completion until the day of Jesus Christ." 




1 comment: